Monday, June 7, 2010

Fishing in the Toilet


Congratulations to Jinii...you are the winner!  Email me your address and I'll send you off some bookmarks!

***The winner of the contest below is listed above.***


Today I was desperately trying to get a start on some much needed home organizing so that I can enjoy the summer without having "home stuff" weighing on me, you know what I mean?  So while I was busy working away, my kids of course were busy causing work.  Lucy just started walking last week and I don't know what it is about walking (does being able to see 15 inches higher really make that big of a difference?), but in our family at least, it seems to be the beginning of more disasters.  As I carried bins of winter baby clothes out of her room, I could hear the "swish, swish, swish" of only one thing...toilet water.  I hurried in to give her a little "No, no, Lucy" just as I saw it...number two swimming around her chubby hands.  Why, oh why, don't children want to flush?  Well, one in particular at our house never seems to, but at least there was toilet paper in there this time.  That's always a good sign of at least attempted good hygiene, right?  So I whisk her up to the sink to give her a good washing.

As I walk out of the bathroom with a sweeter smelling baby, my almost 3-year-old, Asher, trots up to me with a hanger down the back of his shirt (some sort of bow and arrow or gun or something), covered from head to toe in orange marker scribbles.  He had of course just had a bath, so in the interest of time and my sanity, back to the sink we went.  If we carry on this way, Bath and Body Works will make a killing off of me with their antibacterial foaming soap (except that I can never shop there with kids because their walls are plastered with larger than life naked women, but that's another question for you all for another time.).

Here are just a couple of fond memories of Asher from last summer...

(If you're wondering why the photo taking rather than clean up, I assure you that the damage had already been done, LOL.)



Yes dear child, you DO look scary.

And we know that Desitin is made to stay ON the skin, not easily clean OFF.



So let's hear it...your best "I can't POSSIBLY sit you next to me 24/7" story.  Let me know, and you'll be entered to win three silver plated bookmarks (two entries if you also comment on Facebook).  My gift to you, as you sit in a quiet home and read a good book after your darling destructors have hit they hay.  That mischievous sock monkey in the middle looks appropriate, don't you think?