Monday, June 28, 2010

Bedtime Stories

Congratulations to Jennifer who said, "I love them all! My kids are too little to read these to just yet, but I can hardly wait to share all the goodies in book land!"  You are the winner!  Email me so I can get you your prize!

***The winner of the contest below is listed above.***


I have said it before, I love books. I love to read to my kids at bedtime. I read the classics from my childhood, and new books I have discovered. I remember my mother sitting in the hallway, where we could all hear her, reading to us until she started to fall asleep. After she went to bed, I would sneak the book into my room and read until I got 'caught'.

Here are a some of my favorites that are perfect for summer reading. (My kids are ages 4, 6, 7, & 9)

Not my personal favorite, but my oldest son, 9, loved it. 
The younger kids were sometimes confused.

All the kids loved it. Dare you not to cry. 
Super fun to watch the movie after you finish.

I want to play in the attic with Laura and Mary so bad!

My very favorite Roald Dahl book, The BFG is a close second.

Powerful lesson about choosing our behavior in spite of our circumstances.

The prequel to Peter Pan.  Loved it.  This is the first in the series.

Most powerful children's book ever written... in my opinion. 
Every girl needs to hear it at least once a year.

We are in the middle of this one right now.  They beg for more every night.

I love to read this to my kids every spring.

Just like Summer of the Monkeys, I am a wreck by the end.  Beautiful message.

Hilarious.  Each chapter stands alone making for an easy bedtime story.

I would love to give a book away to the winner of this week's contest.  Just post a comment here and on facebook telling me your favorite book to be entered into the drawing.  The winner will be announced next Monday when a new contest will be announced.  Good luck!

**This contest is closed.***