Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkins & Gourds CONTEST CLOSED


Congratulations to our winners!
The winner of the Jeni Gochnour gourd is Meg who said, "I talked my 3-year-old out of being Batman AGAIN, and into being a fly (cutest costume from Children's Place) since his baby brother is a spider. My kindergartener says he wants to be a ghost. Not as creative as some other people...but I don't get much choice anymore.Those gourds are AMAZING!! So cute, I really need it for my house. Do they break very easily?!" Congratulations Meg! I have a couple of Jeni's gourds, and I think they are pretty durable. It may dent if you drop it, but I don't think it would break. Email me (dani@ohsweetsadie.com) and I will get you in contact with Jeni.
The winner of the pumpkins from Petersen Family Farm is wavecloud who said, "I will be a geisha girl and my hubby will be a ninja! I know, I'm a nerd!" Well, at least you can be a nerd with pumpkins! Could you email me too? I will give them your information so you can pick them up. (dani@ohsweetsadie.com)





One of our most amazingly talented artisans, is Miss Jeni Gochnour. Jeni is a true artist- several years ago started turning dried gourds into the funkiest little friends to spruce up your holiday decor. You may remember us bragging about her on our stint on Studio 5.

Each one is first hand painted, and then she burns them to add further character and charm, and finally embellishes them with wire, bottle caps, and any cool thing she has laying around. No two are the same- each is a treasured work of art.
Jeni has her own Autumn Art Open House coming up this weekend and she is giving away one of her fantastic gourds to one of this contest's lucky winners.

Also....
Petersen Family Farm, a local favorite, is setting up shop in SoDa Row on Saturdays from 10 am until 5 pm and Mondays from 3 pm until dusk. They’ll have all the fall favorites on hand, including an assortment of pumpkins in all shapes and sizes, ornamental gourds (you will have to beat Jeni to 'em), corn stocks, and Indian corn cobs.
If you are buying your pumpkins at the grocery store- you are robbing your family of a fantastic outing. You can never have too many pumpkins, gourds, corn stocks, or hay bales to decorate your home. If the response (and the weather) are favorable, they’ll continue to set up additional dates in October.

The other lucky winner will get to pick out a pumpkin for everyone in the family (limit 4) to take home. Everyone who leaves a comment will be entered. Feel free to let us know what you are going to be, or what your kids are going to be for Halloween. Heidi is still looking for ideas. The winner and next contest will be announced Monday. Good Luck!
************Contest Closed****************