Wednesday, April 23, 2008

{tatertot} hairclips- CONTEST! Time's Up!

This is Chelsea Horsley's little girl Tate, and the inspiration for {tatertot} hairclips. {tatertot} hairclips started last September when Tate had to wear a helmet to correct her head shape. The helmet was so plain Chelsea wanted to spice it up somehow. She didn't want anything permanent, because she wanted to be able to match it to her outfits, and she want something whimsical and eclectic, not cheesy or too sweet. So, she decided to make some wool felt flowers and attach them to the side of her helmet with velcro. It all took off from there! She had strangers asking where she got them, so she decided to start making them into hairclips for little girls. She has always been really into art and fashion, and now that she is stay at home mom she said, "it's been a greatly rewarding way to get my 'creative fix'!"

I love the bigger ones for the ladies as well. I think they are whimsical and eclectic, which is something I have always thought about myself as well. I would hate to be cheesy or too sweet.{tatertot} is giving away this spring bundle of her top 6 sellers to a lucky winner! I am thinking of a number between 1 and 100. The person who leaves a comment with the number closest (and telling us how dang cute they are)- WINS! This contest will close Friday, April 25th at midnight.