Friday, November 28, 2008

I love Utah! (and high speed internet)

Personal Note (skip this paragraph if you would rather not hear about it.): I am blogging from Illinois, sitting at my mother-in-law's kitchen table. She still uses dial up on a dinosaur of a computer, so I have my nifty getto laptop with a missing F4 key- because I have kids- and am connected to someones wireless (thank you NETGEAR) but at the speed of 1.0 Mbps and a Very Low signal strength. I am unsure what it all means, but it equals frustration! Did I mention my kind and caring husband is shopping with his mother (not for me, mind you.) and I have been left with all 4 kids fighting over matchbox cars in the living room. Nancy, my mother-in-law, also has 2 cats (to which I am allergic) that claw up my kids every chance they get. If you are reading this post please send help to 121 Lanewood Court in Freeport, Illinois, PRONTO! (not real address, because I am afraid of internet blogging killers who were waiting for personal information) Help is some Sweet Tooth Fairy cupcakes, cuptakes, or cookies and a shotgun and benadryl.


Back to you guys: Congratulations Heather! You are the winner of our Kidz*Escapes contest- you may pick up your exciting new capes at our final Holiday Show.



"Once I saw a little bird
Come hop, hop, hop;
So I cried, "Little bird,
Will you stop, stop, stop?"

And was going to the window
To say, "How do you do?"
But he shook his little tail,
And far away he flew."

Our friend Emily Beeson or Whimsy Daisy is giving away an adorable hat for your little one. They fit 18 months to around 3 years depending on the size of your child's noggin. She had the little poem on her etsy site with a picture of this hat and I love it. (I especially love it because on 1Mbps it took me a month to load the page to read it.)


Everyone who leaves a comment telling me how glad they are they got to spend Thanksgiving with their family is entered. (I hope my husband never reads this post.) The winner and next contest will be up Monday morning. All next week the contests will be BIG in anticipation of our Final Holiday Show beginning on Thursday, December 4th in our beloved Daybreak.